The university of South Australia is offering Vice-Chancellor and President’s Scholarships for PhD Students in Australia. International, as well as domestic applicants, are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
The Vice-Chancellor and President’s Scholarship will provide funding towards the research project activities identified in the candidate’s application and approved by the selection panel.
The University of South Australia is a public research university in the Australian state of South Australia and promote scientific and intellectual exchanges.
|Deadline||:||31 July 2017|
|Providers||:||University of South Australia|
|Course Level||:||PhD degree programme|
|Field of Study||:||Areas of study and research: Health Sciences, UniSA Business School, Education, Arts and Social Sciences, IT, Engineering and the Environment and UniSA College.|
The award is valued at $10,000 and supports recipients whose research project exemplifies the objectives of the Transformed PhD and who can demonstrate how they would use the scholarship to further these objectives. These may include, but are not limited to:
- Overseas and domestic trips for the purpose of collecting data with an end user or industry partner,
- Engaging with an end user from government, industry and/or community on the research project
- Activities that broaden the student’s focus on entrepreneurship and innovation,
- Transferable skills development
- Opportunities to present their research at a conference
Number of Scholarships: The Vice-Chancellor and President’s Scholarships are awarded each year to the top two PhD scholarship recipients in each Division at the University of South Australia. Eight scholarships are awarded per annum.
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
The scholarships are available to commencing international and domestic students who are undertaking a PhD at the University of South Australia.
To be eligible, students must be:
- Enrolled in a PhD at UniSA
- Within 12 months of the commencement at the time of application
- In receipt of a Commonwealth or UniSA funded scholarship*
- Highly ranked amongst other scholarship applications
Note: It is expected that the student’s supervisory panel will comprise at least 3 supervisors including an end-user advisor.
Students who meet the eligibility criteria will be invited to apply in June each year.
*RTP Stipend scholarships, IPRS, USAPA, UPS, IRTS and RTIS stipend.
International, as well as Domestic applicants, are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have their previous degree.
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.