The University of New England is inviting applications for UNE PVCR International Postgraduate Agricultural Research Awards. These awards are open to high-quality doctoral research candidates from Malaysia, Philippines, Bhutan, Vietnam and India to undertake the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD).
Scholarships are focused on enhancing international collaborative agricultural and agribusiness research and development activities.
The University of New England is a public university in Australia with approximately 22,500 higher education students. Its original and main campus is located in the city of Armidale in northern central New South Wales.
All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
|Deadline||:||19 May 2017|
|Providers||:||University of New England (UNE)|
|Course Level||:||postgraduate research degree programme|
|Field of Study||:||Agribusiness, Agriculture, Business, Food security, Agriculture technology, Agriculture production, Agriculture production technology and STEM education.|
A fixed rate of AU$26,682 per annum, tax-free for full-time candidates, paid in fortnightly installments.
Number of Scholarships: There are five scholarships available.
Applicants must meet the following area for the scholarships:
- Five UNE PIPARA’s are available to outstanding applicants who wish to enrol in a postgraduate research degree at UNE
- These Awards are for commencement of candidature from 1 January 2018
- The UNE PIPARA provides a stipend of AU$26,682 per annum, course tuition fees and single Standard Overseas Health Insurance
- The Awards are for a maximum duration of 4 years for a Doctoral degree, Doctor of Philosophy (Innovation) PhD.I.
- Applications are assessed on academic merit and research potential
Scholarships are available to applicants who are residents of the following countries: Malaysia, Philippines, Bhutan, Vietnam and India.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: To qualify for admission into UNE postgraduate programs students must have completed an educational qualification considered to be at least comparable to an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) bachelor degree.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.