Applications are invited for PhD Scholarship for EU Applicants to pursue PhD study at Roosevelt Institute for American Studies in Netherlands. Scholarships will be awarded to students for PhD scholarships.
The aim of the PhD Scholarships is to enable and encourage academically able students.
|Deadline||:||4 September 2017|
|Providers||:||Roosevelt Institute for American Studies|
|Field of Study||:||Scholarships are awarded in the field of American History / American Studies.|
- The successful candidates will receive a scholarship of €2,100 gross per month. They will be required to be resident in Middelburg. Each candidate will initially be offered a scholarship of one year, and prolongation of the scholarship for a further three years is contingent on sufficient progress in the first year. In the second or third year, there may be opportunities for a semester abroad at either the London School of Economics or SciencesPo, Paris.
Eligibility for PhD Scholarship for EU Applicants:
- The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:Key responsibilities
- Writing a dissertation in English within four years
- Submitting research results for publication in international peer-reviewed academic journals
- Presenting papers at conferences and workshops
- Co-organizing conferences and workshops at the RIAS
- Participation in the PhD seminars organized by the RIAS
- (Research) Master’s degree in History, American Studies, or International Relations.
- Written and spoken fluency in English.
- Demonstrable interest in the research program of the RIAS. A PhD project should convincingly engage with the theme of the Rooseveltian Century.
- Willingness to work in an international academic community that aspires to the highest levels of scholarly excellence.
Nationality: Applicants from EU countries (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK) are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.