30 International PhD in italy at Vita-Salute San Raffaele University, 2017

0
3
30 International PhD in italy at Vita-Salute San Raffaele University, 2017
30 International PhD in italy at Vita-Salute San Raffaele University, 2017

The Vita-Salute San Raffaele University is now accepting applications for up to 30 International PhD in italy. Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for these positions.

The PhD Program is aimed to provide outstanding interdisciplinary training in the broad area of Molecular Medicine.

The Vita-Salute San Raffaele University was inaugurated in 1996 with its Psychology course, soon followed by the courses of Medicine, in 1998, and Philosophy, in 2002. Since its establishment, the University has been characterized by a strong integration of teaching and research, in each of its facets: basic, philosophical and social. The mission of Vita-Salute San Raffaele is to answer to the question Quid est homo, What is the man, strongly believing that the human kind is biological, psychologically and spiritually unique.

Deadline : 27 July 2017
Study in : Italy
Providers : Vita-Salute San Raffaele University
Course Level : PhD degree programme
Field of Study :  Positions are available in Molecular Medicine.

The International PhD Course is split into four main research lines (Curricula) that span the broad areas of molecular medicine:

  • Cellular and Molecular Physiopathology
  • Basic and Applied Immunology and Oncology
  • Experimental and Clinical Medicine
  • Neuroscience and Experimental Neurology
APPLY NOW

Scholarship Award for International PhD in italy:

 About 100 doctoral students are currently enrolled in our PhD. Program in Molecular Medicine.

The number of available positions is reported in the annual call (23 students were enrolled in A.Y. 2016/17). Full-time financial support is provided for every student we admit. The maintenance of the status of PhD Student and the renewal of the doctoral scholarship depend on the positive result of an annual examination of the scientific progress.

The scholarship covers:

  • The salary
  • Tuition fees

In the last call, about 80% of admitted graduate students have received a UniSR Scholarship (annual gross wage, before tax, of € 18,000); the remaining 20% positions have been funded by the hosting laboratories.

Annual research expenses (bench costs) are covered by the hosting laboratories.

During the second and third year, all students receive additional funds (1800 euros/year) to support participation to meetings and workshops. International collaborations are encouraged; if students move abroad to integrate the research activities of their projects, the scholarship is increased by half of the wage (for a period up to 8 months).

Number of Scholarships:

30 fellowships, divided as follows:

  • 14  free fellowships
  • 16 project-based fellowships (listed below):
  • 7 positions without a fellowship

Eligibility for International PhD in italy:

The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:

  • A PhD candidate must be in possession of the Master (Laurea Magistrale in Italy) or an equivalent foreign academic qualification that is valid for admission to PhD programs. Final year students can apply, as long as they have already taken all examinations and graduate before October 31st of the same year.
  • Pursuant to the regulations in force, students enrolled in the last year of the Medicine Specialisation Schools of the “Vita-Salute San Raffaele” University are entitled to submit their application.
  • Italian, EU and non-EU citizens holding a foreign academic qualification should include, in their application, additional documents as described in the Call.
  • The admission to the PhD Course is subject to the successful results of a comparative assessment divided into two phases:
  • The first phase does not require the presence of the candidate and evaluates the documents he/she has presented according to the call indications.
  • Candidates admitted to the second phase will be invited for an interview (in person or via Skype).

Nationality for International PhD in italy:

Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for these positions.

College Admission Requirement

Entrance Requirements: A PhD candidate must be in possession of the Master (Laurea Magistrale in Italy) or an equivalent foreign academic qualification that is valid for admission to PhD programs.

English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.